- Ensure that property records are being properly maintained.
- Ensure that all taxable properties are being accurately reported and properly appraised.
- Review requests from organizations requesting property tax exemption - religious, charitable or educational. Ensure that they have filed the proper forms and documentation.
- Accept or deny applications for property tax abatement, current use, yield tax, elderly and blind exemptions, also veteran tax credit applications and elderly/disabled tax deferrals in a timely manner.
- Approve all State reports prior to mailing.
- Review and approve tax warrants.
- Review and approve the annual sales study.